Posts Tagged full back tattoo designs
For a tattoo artist just mentioning a full back tattoo design excites them. Not only because a tattoo of this size will make them a lot of money, but also because they get the opportunity to work on a large piece of human canvas.
The human back is prime real estate in the tattoo world, and before getting a tattoo of this size one needs to carefully consider a few things.
1) Find a reputable tattoo artist that you can trust as you will be spending a lot of time with them before your whole back tattoo is complete. You want them to be fairly priced, competent and easy to get along with. When you first visit the artist you will discuss ideas you may have for your design as well as get input from the artist. This can take hours, and you will continue to discuss the design right through the process.
2) Research your concept. Look at magazines, the internet, books, museums or anywhere you can get inspiration.
3) Your tattoo artist will start creating a design based on your discussions. It’s a good idea to get a tracing of your back so you can see your design on the actual size of your back. This way you can see if there is too much space, not enough space, too many images and so on.
4) Once you see the first draft of your design this gives you the perfect opportunity to see if the design elements work. Sit and talk to your tattoo artist and see if the design needs a background to tie in all the design elements together. Discuss your thoughts and feelings about the design. Don’t be afraid to tell your tattoo artist if you don’t like something or you want a design element changed.
5) Once you have discussed what you would like changed, let the tattoo artist do their magic and then the will call you back in to see the next draft. This process will go on for a while until you are fully satisfied with your design.
6) The next step is to approve the final draft that you will feel great about. It’s this design that will be used to create the tattoo stencil.
7) Next you need to discuss color options. Things to consider will be what will look best for the design and most importantly, what colors reflect who you.
8) From here you can book your first appointment and get your full back tattoo design underway. This will be one appointment of many to complete the design. The end result will be spectacular.
Looking for inspiration for your next tattoo? Want a tattoo that has both meaning to you and reflects your personality?
If you want access to 1000's of tattoo designs to choose from, check out Chopper Tattoo!