Archive for category Tattoo Designs
Marine tattoo designs are usually represented by a bulldog. The bulldog is actually the mascot of the marine corps, which became adopted as their mascot when the German soldiers they were fighting against referred to the marines as teufel hunden or “devil dogs”. This was attributed to their remarkable fighting ability.
If you feel connected in some way to the U.S Marines or even if you are just a fan of a bulldog, this could be the tattoo for you.
Military tattoos are tattoos that incorporate the army, navy or airforce logos. Military tattoo designs represent a branch of the military, such as the U.S Navy or U.S Air Force or a particular military operation.
Just focusing on the United States military, there are particular images associated with the Navy, the Air Force and the Marines, and so on.
The United States Navy is usually associated with an anchor, and it’s sometimes represented with stars or an American flag. One United States Airforce image is the American Eagle, as it represents flight and is also the symbol of the USA.
Military tattoos are usually colorful, and the image is very positive and pleasant to look at. Unique military tattoos are a way for soldiers to commemorate a meaningful part of their life.
Some militray tattoos are called military tag tattoos or ‘dog tag’ tattoos and they usually represent a military operation such as a code name and logo.
A wrist band tattoo is just like an armband tattoo except it is placed around the wrist. It’s a great idea especially if you want to adorn a permanent bracelet and you find jewellery annoying.
A wristband tattoo is usually a repeated pattern that features alot of linework and wraps all the way round the wrist. The design can be in any style or color, but today what is extremely popular is tribal wristband tattoos.
Tribal designs are extremely popular because a few years ago there was an explosion of tribal armband tattoos. They are a great tattoo for the wrist because their designs are easy to wrap around the wrist. Tribal tattoos work really well as a band and can include just a design or even a name or tribal image like a heart or a cross in the design.
If you are thinking about getting a sea turtle tattoo and want to know its meaning, then read on.
Turtles are really unique in the sense that they can retreat into their shell at the smallest sign of dnager, and it is this very trait that has made it a powerful symbol of protection, healing and inner knowledge.
The Turtle is also brave, as it only makes progress when it sticks its neck out, and it moves forward with a patient and steady flow to achieve what it wants.
If you feel like you have these traits and you can identify with the spirit of the turtle, then sea turtle tattoos are for you.
For a tattoo artist just mentioning a full back tattoo design excites them. Not only because a tattoo of this size will make them a lot of money, but also because they get the opportunity to work on a large piece of human canvas.
The human back is prime real estate in the tattoo world, and before getting a tattoo of this size one needs to carefully consider a few things.
1) Find a reputable tattoo artist that you can trust as you will be spending a lot of time with them before your whole back tattoo is complete. You want them to be fairly priced, competent and easy to get along with. When you first visit the artist you will discuss ideas you may have for your design as well as get input from the artist. This can take hours, and you will continue to discuss the design right through the process.
2) Research your concept. Look at magazines, the internet, books, museums or anywhere you can get inspiration.
3) Your tattoo artist will start creating a design based on your discussions. It’s a good idea to get a tracing of your back so you can see your design on the actual size of your back. This way you can see if there is too much space, not enough space, too many images and so on.
4) Once you see the first draft of your design this gives you the perfect opportunity to see if the design elements work. Sit and talk to your tattoo artist and see if the design needs a background to tie in all the design elements together. Discuss your thoughts and feelings about the design. Don’t be afraid to tell your tattoo artist if you don’t like something or you want a design element changed.
5) Once you have discussed what you would like changed, let the tattoo artist do their magic and then the will call you back in to see the next draft. This process will go on for a while until you are fully satisfied with your design.
6) The next step is to approve the final draft that you will feel great about. It’s this design that will be used to create the tattoo stencil.
7) Next you need to discuss color options. Things to consider will be what will look best for the design and most importantly, what colors reflect who you.
8) From here you can book your first appointment and get your full back tattoo design underway. This will be one appointment of many to complete the design. The end result will be spectacular.
Tattoos are becomming more and more popular in todays world, and why shouldn’t they be poular. They express who you are, make a statement, are a fashion accessory and are beautiful form of art.
There are 3 main places to find a great printable tattoo design to express yourself. Let’s have a look at 3 ways to find some great designs.
1) Tattoo Magazines
Their are lots of tattoo magazines on news stands that you can purchase to get inspiration for a design. One great magazine is ‘Inked’. They always seem to feature celebrities with tattoos which can always give you some great ideas. Further to magazines on newstands you can look at online magazines. ‘Inked’ now has an online version of there magazine which could be great to subscribe to. Just head over to http://www.inkedmag.com/ and check it out. You can even do a Google search for online magazines if you prefer to view things online instead of in hard copy.
2) Tattoo Parlours
All tattoo parlors have a large range of tattoo flash on display for you to choose from. This can somewhat be limiting as it’s usually the designs by that particular tattoo artist who owns the studio, and you might not see a whole lot of different tattoo styles. But if this is what suits you and you like their designs, this might suffice. When deciding to get a tattoo from a parlor always ask ‘Do you have references for your work?’ just to make sure they are reputable and are good at their craft. Also ask the costs, as this is sometimes overlooked.
3) Online Galleries
One of the best places to find an awesome printable tattoo design is the internet. It’s so vast and wide that it’s pretty obvious that the internet is the best place in my opinion to find great inspirational designs. When you strat looking on the internet for designs, I suggest to first do some research on what type of design you would like, as this allows you to narrow down your search and make it easier for you to make a decision on what design to look for.
So who were the Aztecs?
They were a tribe that lived from the 13th to the 16th century in and around the area which is now known as Mexico. Religion and the gods were extremely important to the Aztecs. Their daily life revolved around pleasing and honoring the gods.
Aztec tribal tattoos were used for a variety of reasons:
- Aztec tribal tattoos were done during rituals and always to honor of a specific god.
- Different Aztec tribal tattoo designs were used to identify different tribes.
- Aztec tattoo designs were used to show a persons status. For example a warriors rank.
There are several common Aztec tattoo designs that we see:
A lot of the designs involve the sun. Sun tattoos were in honor of Huitzilopochtili, the Aztec sun god. The sun was very important to the Aztec people, it was the guardian of the heavens. Therefore today, an Aztec sun tattoo symbolizes belief in an afterlife.
Quetzalcoatl – the feathered serpent god of ancient Mexico – has also been adapted to Mexican tattooing. Quetzalcoatl, the god of weather, creativity and fertility, was the most powerful of all Aztec gods.
All tattoos tell a story and Americans love to show their pride and patriotism with American flag tattoo designs.
Some other suggestions to show your patriotism include getting the outline of your state or the United States tattooed to your body.
Lots of people get patriotic tattoos like this and have them colored in with words, some with their hometown marked or with state symbols.
Some of the most common patriotic tattoos include eagles clutching American flags. The letters U.S.A. as well as the words United States of America are popular additions to great patriotic tattoo designs.
Many people choose to incorporate their patriotic pride into more personal emblems that represent their interests . Some ideas include an American flag draped around a cross in honor of the religious freedoms of this country.Waving American flags behind objects are also popular, such as behind bald eagles, or perhaps behind beautiful and sexy women. The are many possibilities for incorporating an American flag into your patriotic tattoo designs are endless. draped around a cross in honor of the
Other ideas for patriotic tattoos are popular landmarks from across the country. Landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, or memorials to the twin towers.
To make your tattoo even more personal, you can add any word, phrase, or slogan you choose on a banner or ribbon which can be placed above or below your tattoo.
You can ultimately decide what story you want your tattoo to portray, but it all starts with American flag tattoo designs, and then your imagination can go wild.
Ambigram tattoo designs have been rising in popularity for many years, and it’s pretty obvious why. This is the only tattoo design that allows someone to present two messages in the one image. Ambigram tattoos are lettering designs that read the same whether they are the right side up, or upside down. They are very cool!
There are different types Amigrams:
Lettering art that are drawn so the lettering is legible when right side-up AND upside-down.
Designs that read the same thing both right side-up and upside-down.
Designs that read something different when viewed
upside down and are typically made from words, names, or phrases, and can also come in different shapes, styles, and fonts.
If you want to make a statement with your tattoo, no matter which way it’s facing, think about getting an ambigram tattoo.
Looking for inspiration for your next tattoo? Want a tattoo that has both meaning to you and reflects your personality?
If you want access to 1000's of tattoo designs to choose from, check out Chopper Tattoo!